We're up to tip #5 that you can use right now to help you create dynamic and affordable video messages for your business website. Use Compelling Visuals. Visual content is the fun stuff! It has never been easier to shoot video and photos than with currently available smartphones.
Visual content is the fun stuff! It has never been easier to shoot video and photos than with currently available smartphones. There are also excellent resources online for professional stock video clips and images to step-up your video results.
As long as you have adequate lighting inside or natural light outside, you can shoot your own visuals with just your smartphone and a tripod (or get a friend to help.)
Shoot in landscape mode to fill the typical horizontal video screen and focus on closer shots to avoid distracting background details.
Ideas for footage:
• Video yourself giving an overview of your business. In post-production you can cut away from your “interview” shot and overlay video clips of your external offices or other facet of your business.
• Ask a satisfied client to video their own testimonial that they can shoot and send to you via a smartphone. Clips of a satisfied customer using your service are priceless!
• Take photos of your products and services in action, or a behind the scenes look at your business.
• Take computer screenshots for a how-to tutorial.
• Use an online service like VideoBlocks
for great stock videography that’s affordable and royalty-free.
• Peruse the photography site Unsplash
for unique and organic images you can use to punctuate your message and ideas. Unsplash offers their images royalty-free and attribution free for all types of use.
Remember, visual marketing is integral because of its effectiveness. According to the Content Marketing Institute, audiences are nearly 10 times more likely to engage, share and comment on video than blogs. Give your viewers something interesting to watch and they’ll remember and act on it in greater percentages than other marketing content alone.
Stay tuned for the last installment of More Affordable Video Marketing - Expert Editing
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
is the founder of Edit Dash
video service, partnering with equaTEK Interactive to provide affordable video content
for all your marketing needs.